Your privacy is important to Tasman Environmental Markets (TEM). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that TEM collects, and the ways in which TEM uses that personal information.
TEM complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the applicable Australian Privacy Principles (Schedule 1, Privacy Act) (APPs) and any other applicable privacy laws when handling personal information.
Personal information collection
TEM may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- name, contact details (such as address, email address and phone number), date of birth, payment details;
- client onboarding information;
- information about your use of this website (including website analytics and data);
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including blog comments);
- information about transactions carried out over this website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (newsletter sign-ups);
- any other information that you send to TEM.
The types of sensitive information TEM may collect include information about an individual’s membership of a professional association, criminal record, and health information. Sensitive information constitutes a distinct category within personal information and is given elevated protection in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How is personal information collected?
TEM may collect your personal information via meetings, forms, correspondence, interviews, telephone, email, our website, your website, media and publications, screening services, other government and publicly available sources, and various third parties. Where information is collected from a third party, TEM will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by a third party.
TEM may also collect non-personal information that doesn’t identify you via cookies when you visit our website. For example, the website you came from, your location information, IP address, web browser, device type and the time and date of access.
Using personal information
TEM may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- providing you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you;
- send you marketing communications;
- general management and conduct of our business, investigations, and fraud prevention; and
- complying with legal obligations, such as compliance with anti-money laundering and bribery and corruption laws and other regulatory requirements.
Where TEM discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, TEM may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing and storing your personal information
TEM will store all the personal information it collects for the period necessary to complete its business function and comply with its legal requirements. TEM will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure of your personal information. These precautions include implementing encryption technology if deemed necessary.
Furthermore, if TEM no longer needs the information for any purpose, we may use it for, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
Third Party Policies
This website contains links to other websites.
TEM is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Last updated: 31/01/2024